|Dr. Edward D. Kozlowski dedicated his life to promoting his Polish heritage and to improving educational opportunities for young people. The Kopernik Observatory was an embodiment of his efforts and hard work. To continue Dr. Ed's lifelong goals, Roberson Museum and the Kopernik Polish Cultural Society will create the "Dr. Edward D. Kozlowski Science Learning Laboratory" at Kopernik Space Education Center. This living memorial will provide hands-on and high technology learning experiences for school children and families. Before his death, Dr. Ed had developed preliminary plans for this $550,000 lab and an adjacent nature study area. Help us complete his dream, in his memory.|
The Facility - 2400 sq. ft. laboratory, Patio and outdoor nature investigation area.
- Science Learning Lab for "Earth, Environment, and Sky"
- A wall of windows for nature observation and photography
- Joystick remote control of Kopernik's main telescope for students
- Video microscope and digital imaging lab for students
- Hands-on computers, telescopes, environmental monitoring station